The objectives of SSCA are:
1. To keep in the forefront of developments
in human understanding, and to be alert to the basic philosophies underlying educational,
economic, and social goals, especially as they relate to the individual's freedom
2. To foster the interests and endeavours of all
those who are engaged in guidance and counselling by promoting contacts among
persons, agencies, and organizations participating in the work of educational,
vocational, and personal guidance and counselling of youths and adults.
3. To provide facilities and opportunities for exchanging information relating
to guidance and counselling.
4. To work toward development and coordination
of existing guidance and counselling services.
5. To work through community
and private agencies and governmental and educational authorities, and collaborate
with other professional associations towards improved conditions, resources, research
and facilities for guidance and counselling.
6. To provide an official
voice for Saskatchewan on matters relating to guidance and counselling.